Katie Duane is a writer, painter, and teacher who has recently relocated to Atlanta from Rochester, New York. She likes to write and paint about the things that interest her the most: faces and figures, the great outdoors, geology, impermanence, astrophysics (as much as she can understand!), and our faulty and fascinating human natures. She is so happy to be here on planet earth!
For a detailed work history and professional experiences, see her LinkedIn
¡y sí, katie habla español!
Continuing Education: (because learning is probably her favorite thing to do)
- Language & Cultural Classes
- Lake Atitlán Women Weavers Cooperative: San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala: Introductory classes in back-strap weaving, July 2017
- San Pedro Spanish School, San Pedro La Laguna, Guatemala: Advanced Spanish Course in the Subjunctive, July 2017
- Writing Classes
- Catapult Online
- Freelance Writing on the Internet, August-September 2017
- The Loft Literary Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota (Online)
- The Poetic Experiments of Bernadette Mayer, March-April 2017
- The Lyric Essay, January-March 2017
- Writers and Books, Rochester, New York:
- Advanced Prose, October-November 2015
- The Stories You Need to Tell, September-November 2014
- Writing & Yoga, weekend workshop, April 2014
- Intermediate and Advanced Poetry, October-November 2013
- The Personal Essay, April-May 2013
- Fine Arts Classes
- Memorial Art Gallery of Rochester: Acrylic Painting, April-Mary 2015
- Genesee Center for the Arts, Rochster, New York: Ceramics on the Wheel, February-April 2013
If you have questions or comments, feel free to use the form below. Thanks!